This guide is for the users who face AmpliFi mesh point not connecting even after following the instructions given in the quick guide. We have tried to simplify the AmpliFi mesh point setup process.
For the best performance, it is recommended to place the Mesh Point all across your place. The ideal location is to place the AmpliFi Mesh point between the router and the area farthest from the router.
The basic procedure to set up a mesh point is to plug it into the power source and then running the AmpliFi app and following the in-app instructions.
Things to keep in mind:
- The AmpliFi is only compatible with the AmpliFi products
- You must install the AmpliFi app to add the mesh points
How to connect AmpliFi Mesh point?
To get started with the AmpliFi mesh point setup, download and install the AmpliFi app on your mobile phone for free from the Play Store or App Store.
- Plugin the mesh point into the power source.
- Wait for the three middle LEDs to flash ON and OFF. It indicates that the Mesh Point is in ‘Ready to add’ state.
- Open the AmpliFi app and follow the in-app instructions.
- Make sure that the Bluetooth on the mobile phone is turned ON.
Adding an AmpliFi mesh to an AmpliFi Alien network
Open the app, select the ‘Add to network’ in order to add the mesh point to the existing network.
- Edit a name of the mesh point if you want and then tap on ‘Continue’
- The LED on the mesh Point will reflect signal strength once it is added to the network. This may take a few minutes.
- The app will show the overview screen when the mesh point is added.
Adding an AmpliFi mesh point to the third-party
- Open the AmpliFi app and select the ‘Setup AmpliFi standalone Mesh Point’ option.
- Select the stand-alone mesh point that needs to be set up.
- Select the local network that you want to extend and enter the password.
- After a minute mesh point will get connected to the router. LED will display the signal strength.
AmpliFi mesh point not working
In case, your AmpliFi Mesh Point not connecting to the existing network then you can perform a reset process.
While plugged into power, you can perform a factory reset on the mesh point. To do it, you need to insert a sharp object into the reset hole. Hold the reset button for about ten seconds. When the factory reset has been done successfully, you will hear a high-pitched beep emitting from the mesh point. The bottom LED will get solid and other LEDs will be turned off. You can let go of the reset button at this bottom.
After performing this procedure, your AmpliFi Mesh Point not working issue will get resolved.
If you have any questions in mind regarding AmpliFi mesh point setup or AmpliFi mesh point not connecting, feel free to talk to our technicians.