Follow this guide to know the exact steps for the AmpliFi home wifi system setup.
The Ubiquiti AmpliFi is one of the most user-friendly whole-home mesh wifi systems. There are several ways to incorporate the Amplifi router configuration. You would need to do some setup exercise with your Amplifi router at the initial level to climb up the ladder. If you failed at any point, you can simply reset amplifi wifi router.
For those who don’t know the exact steps for Amplifi wifi setup, can refer to the following instructions.
There are some initial steps that need to be performed for the Amplifi home wifi system setup.
- Power off your modem from the existing power supply and take an ethernet cable.
- Place Amplifi main router near your modem and plug it into the power outlet.
- Plug the one end of the cable into the WAN port of the router and connect the other end to the modem.
- Supply power to the modem by connecting it back to the electrical outlet.
How to set up Amplifi router?
For the Amplifi home wifi system setup, you need to download the Amplifi app on your mobile device. The app is available for free on the Play Store and App Store. You can search for the app and download it for free.
We are assuming that you’ve made the hardware connection beforehand.
Now, go through the following series of steps to set things up:
- Open the AmpliFi app and tap on the ‘Set up AmpliFi mesh System’ option.
- Tap ‘Skip’ if you’ve already made the hardware connection.
- Tap on ‘Amplifi router’ option. Now, name the wireless network and create a password for your network.
- When you tap on ‘Continue’ the router will emit a sound to indicate that the setup is completed.
- Join the newly created wireless network from your smartphone. Tap ‘Continue’ on the app.
- Now, if you add more mesh points to the network, then tap on the ‘Add a mesh point’ option.
- The app will show you the list of available wireless networks, select your router’s network from the list.
- Enter the password of your wireless network and hit on the ‘Continue’ option.
- The meshpoint will be added to your network.
- You can add more meshpoints by following the same steps.
How to reset amplifi wifi router?
If you’re facing amplifi wifi setup failed issue then you would be required to reset your device to the default settings. Here are a few steps that need to be performed.
- On the back-side of your AmpliFi router, you will find a reset button.
- Press it for a few seconds by inserting a pin into the reset hole.
- The touchscreen of the Amplifi router will display that the router is rebooting.
- When your AmpliFi router reboots, you can perform the amplifi home wifi system setup again.
For more details, you can always get back to our team of experts and ask for their help. Just make a call on their toll-free number.